Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 8 – Playa del Cuco

Wow! The tough work is over, and now it is time to settle into a little more relaxation for the remainder of the trip. Keep in mind I said a LITTLE relaxation, we do still have the volcano to hike… But for today, it was the beach.

Playa del Cuco (I have no idea if that is spelled correctly) is well known in El Salvador as one of the best beaches. We were able to leave pretty early for the 3.5 hour drive out to this particular beach and spent most of the day relaxing. Everyone spent their rejuvenation day a little differently. I, myself, spent most of the time in a hammock, catching up on my reading. April and Mona set out down the beach to collect beautiful shells; Criag and Cindy walked the beach; Logan amazed the little kids by doing handstands on the beach; Katy, Megan and Devon went swimming; etc. I think it was exactly what the team needed after a five day stretch of “Go, Go, GO!”

No comments:

Post a Comment